Besides being a guy with an impressive sense of humour, Carlos Rio is a professional nature and wildlife photographer. He has the time and the spirit to focus solely on biodiversity.
It all began years ago, when he started to spot some birds through the window of his house that offered the privilege of backyard birdwatching in the most excellent place: Cávado’s River estuary. His passion grew before his eyes and now he is an expert of local flora and fauna. Carlos Rio is like a living part of the the Northern Littoral Natural Park and you will notice this, when you take the tour with him.
Carlos is often spotted lying on mudflats, undercovered to take the best pictures of his biggest passion: birds!
Carlos Rio is a professional nature photographer and biodiversity lover. He began watching birds on the river through the window of his room, the passion grew and now he is a local expert of all flora and fauna .Carlos Rio is like a living part of the the Northern Litoral Natural Park and you will realize this, when you do the tour.
Carlos Rio Works and collaborations:
- Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds birdwatching guide;
- Quercus Coordinator (National Association for Nature Conservation) Working Group on Nature, Environment and Documentary Photography.
Works and collaborations:
- Blog Author: www.fao-natural.blogspot.com;
- Blog Author: www.avesemportugal.blogspot.com;
- Book Author: “Fão Natural… Património Natural a Preservar no Parque Natural do Litoral Norte”;
- Book Author: Quercus Field Guide: “Aves do Estuário do Cávado”;
- WEBCAST Program Author “Natureza Espontânea”, focused on nature and wildlife photography;
- Writer and photographer on several birding websites and magazines;
- His photographs are featured in several exhibitions;
- He’s been a jury member in several photography contests;
- As a trainer, he takes part in workshops and lectures on nature and wildlife photography.
Ricardo Brochado – Your Host
Ricardo is a funny retired archaeologist (already!!!) that knows Porto’s and Esposende’s surroundings as few do.
Enthusiastic for everything that is new, he has a passion for birds and he is learning with Carlos Rio how to spot birds. He is the main responsible of keeping you out of distractions and providing everything you need to have a quiet and pleasant day.
He will drive you and feed you at the correct times and drop you off at the right time at your hotel, after an intense day of birding.
Also, he is the one that will prepare your trip and reply timely to your questions.